Sunday, June 27, 2010

The book of love has music in it, in fact thats where music's from

"...Thought we were doing fine with our lives, there are people who will tell ya, there is always something betta." MattPond

Clouds and days pass. Some are better than others. You wear a smile the majority of the time finding joy in natures detail. Keeping busy is best until you hit one of those days where you feel like curling up in an oversized sweater and comforting arms. Those days are harder when you see that the only arms open are Heavenly Fathers who's arms are sometimes harder for us to feel. A talk by Sheri Dew explained this detail when she told the story of a young girl who explained to her Mother it was sometimes nice to have someone "with skin on." I thought this was a cute perception of young girl that seemed to put it just right for "those" days. I am surrounded by comfort by the spirit when Im doing all I can to invite it and do whats right but there are times that we wish for one second we had comfort with "skin" on.

Saturday, a day that normally I would be feeling like my usual self and yet I wasn't. I have no idea why I had this shaded, unlucky, calm, complicated day. It turned out that a couple of my friends caught this little unusual feeling also. I'm not talking about being sick or anything physical either. It was just one of those days where we had a lot on our minds. Nothing sounded better than a shower, yoga pants, movies and some popcorn with only the closest of friends. Two of them decide we should run to get icecream and while im deep in thought and kind of oblivious to whats around, then back to the house for our night. Its funny though, how on these kind of days, what you least expect comes along. Not always a happy surprise either.



We have all the time in the world to get it right...


I find Serendipity to not only be one of my all time favorite movies but also the humor of life. It brings us to be aware of the irony specific to our indiviual lives. Irony can be awkward or silly or it can be enlightening. Above all I see irony as something healthy for us all. Irony helps us to become much more self-aware sometimes. Like seeing a person of your past that you really didn't expect or hope to see, then recognizing how it makes you feel that you were not aware of. Like surprisingly running into that special person sitting by your forgotten Planner that you haven't seen for so long, or that person you were looking forward to seeing that you find is now traveling the opposite way. Whether it be awkward, surprising, or disappointing irony, all of these leave you to ponder: serendipity. Accidents on purpose. If there even is a purpose and I believe there is for everything. Music has always been important to me. It seems to sum up every word and emotion perfectly.
What better story of life is there, than one with music in place of narration? In my mind... I know of none.


We've still got time raise your hopeful voice. You have a choice... you've made it now...

No comments:

Post a Comment