Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Rolling with it day by day

Wow time has seemed to fly by since I last wrote. Ive been sooo busy with things. Work, Christmas stuff, Discussions, school stuff, and lots of family time.
Tal, Brooke, the kids and I have all spent lots of time together and I love it. We have been having so much fun. Robin and Gav went on their cruise and there was a huge storm with winds and big waves. They got back to New York and said it was freezing but then T's in Ecuador and loving the warm weather and beauty out there haha. All that matters is that we are all having a blast here and they are all making the most of their vacations out there.
Brookes husband Mike Seely is a genius and he came up with this Twilight song that all of us were in. He's the lead singer for the band ShallowDay if you havent heard them check them out, they are way awesome! He just randomly comes up with these awesome ideas of music and throws stuff together effortlessly because the talent just comes to him naturally. Its like making fun of wives that are obsessed with the Twilight series books and movies and its pretty hilarious. He had inspiration from Brooke and us cause we all love them haha. He recorded all of our voices in it and wants to make a music video with it to send into SNL. It will probably get pretty popular fast. I have a feeling theres plenty of guys out there that will be able to relate to this song.



Works been going good. Ive been really nice to people that ask for refunds around Christmas and this one african american guy starting weeping on the phone when I refunded his money. He just kept saying that he was losing a lot from being laid off and could barely feed his children. He was such a sincere man. He kept repeating "God Bless you angel, that is like all the money I have right now, God Bless you" Im not gonna lie he got me all choked up on the phone. I have a sensitivity about me when others are in pain or struggling because ive been there before. He was a nice Christian man and said a prayer over the phone to me so I listened to him and it was so cute how he asked for my family and me to be blessed for the kindness I showed him. I gave Heavenly Father the credit as he kept thanking me because we should all be striving to help each other like this. Theres no excuse good enough not to. People in this world need to have a lot more mercy on others and be tender of peoples feelings. To "LOVE thy neighbor as thyself" is a commandment.




We are actually teaching the lessons to a guy from my work now because I asked if he would want to have us visit for a discussion and it was awesome to have him say yes. Ive been writing a lot of music lately. I wrote a lot of heartfelt letters this week to all my loved friends and family and feel like ive accomplished a lot. I've been paying tithing every week and little by little paying off the last of what little debt I have. Im so excited for this new year. New beginnings and goals. I feel like im back to myself again already! I have lots of plans for this year!

Well it sounds like Lisa just pulled up so i gotta go but im going to close with telling you that I spoke to my bishop last sunday and is COMPLETELY encouraging me to serve a mission! He gave me my "Preach My Gospel" book for free so I dont have to go buy one and he said so many great things! Im going to meet with him next Sunday again to go through my Temple Reccomend questions so I can be able to go inside the Temple finally! He said that I have all the love and support from the ward and him for everything I need. He informed me that they want to give me a calling too. Im thinking... WOW 2 jobs, dance, school, preparing for my mission, AND A CALLING? okay bring it on! Im ready! haha. Staying busy will be good for me and Im looking to the future for the better person ill become.

Ill finish off here with something awesome I read from Preach My Gospel that I thought was neat:

YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY PEOPLE. EACH OF THEM ARE CHILDREN OF GOD, THEY ARE YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS. THEY ALL NEED A SENSE OF BELONGING THAT COMES FROM THE KNOWLEDGE THAT THEY ARE CHILDREN OF GOD, MEMBERS OF HIS ETERNAL FAMILY. "PEACE IN THIS WORLD AND ETERNAL LIFE IN THE WORLD TO COME" BUT THEY ARE KEPT FROM THE TRUTH BECAUSE THEY KNOW NOT WHERE TO TRULY FIND IT. THE GOSPEL HELPS THEM ALL FULFILL THEIR DEEPEST DESIRES.
AS THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE ATONEMENT OF JESUS CHRIST GROWS, THE DESIRE TO SHARE THE GOSPEL WILL INCREASE AS WELL.
EZRA TAFT BENSON SAID : "WE ARE COMMANDED BY GOD TO TAKE THIS GOSPEL TO ALL THE WORLD. THAT IS THE CAUSE THAT MUST UNITE US TODAY. ONLY THE GOSPEL WILL SAVE THE WORLD FROM THE CALAMITY OF ITS OWN SELF-DESTRUCTION. ONLY THE GOSPEL WILL UNITE MEN OF ALL RACES AND NATIONALITIES IN PEACE, ONLY THE GOSPEL WILL BRING JOY, HAPPINESS, AND SALVATION TO THE HUMAN FAMILY" (The Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson[1988], 167)
TRUE HAPPINESS IN FAMILY LIFE IS MOST LIKELY TO BE ACHIEVED WHEN FOUNDED UPON THE CHURCH OF LORD JESUS CHRIST.
The Sister Missionaries (Sister Morris and Sister Page) & myself decided to bake goodies at Brookes house to take to investigators and we had a good time!






I love them so much! They are the sweetest girls. We have a lot of fun together.





thats all for tonight, love you guys tons.

love, ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment