Wednesday, August 4, 2010

His Perfect Love...

"perfect love, purest love
breaking through my anguish
precious love, endless love
his love never fails me
he leads my heart when my eyes can't see
when my soul is lost he carries me
he comforts me in all my pain
and so i trust in his perfect love"

Well as usual, much has happened since my last entry. I have been very busy. I have all my Mission Checklist to get checked off, have tried to accomplish some more things on my Bucketlist, have been doing a lot of studying, and I finally finished school this last semester.

NOW THAT SCHOOLS OUT
Walking out of class for the last time was like "ahh freedom, now what shall I do first?" haha It was really so nice to now solely focus on my Mission. I went to dinner at Chili's with an old friend and it was nice to catch up on everything we have going on in our lives. He gave me his old spanish hymn book he had on his Mission in Quito so that I can use it in Argentina. Inside was a letter that I found to be very touching. It included many powerful scriptures that will help keep me going throughout all those rough spots on the mish. He is an amazing person and im grateful for his support along with the rest of you who have all helped me also. I feel so very blessed to know the people that I do.

LAKE POWELL
I finally got a chance to go to Lake Powell for the first time this summer.



We went and camped out the first half and then stayed on Mike's houseboat the last part of the week with like 40 people or so. It was definately a great time. Kelsey almost killed us on the Jet Ski's but she's right it would have been a cool way to go.

I just kept yelling, "Kels! I cannot break my neck before my mission!" haha. I met a lot of great people and had some really great conversations with some friends. They had a huge Free BBQ on the dock for everyone it was awesome!

Chloe and I had a pretty spiritual talk on the beachside and I was so glad to feel like I left some good with her when we left. Being in Missionary mode, I tend to always bring out those kind of thoughts in people. It was kind of wierd for me around some things that some people did and said. Its wierd how much vulgarity in every sentance is like a societal norm to many people but to me, with as much as Ive surrounded myself with a clean lifestyle, it was difficult for me to hear and be around. Im not sure exactly why that is, I just don't find any reason to speak foul or disrespectfully. Im sure some people thought I must be crazy for letting it bother me but im proud of my self-mastered vocabulary and im glad that It matters to me how I express my character. I don't judge people I just choose to refrain from words of no worth. I met another guy out there that will be in the MTC with me at the same time which is pretty awesome!



The whole time I was in Powell I was amazed by the beauty out there. The clouds and water were perfect. I couldn't help but look around and be baffled by the thought of people not believing in God when clearly his miraculous wonders are all around us.

FRIENDSHIPS
I got to spend more time getting to know Travis Theobald and I came to know what an amazing person he is. We have been talking a lot more and plan on helping eachother towards our goals. My mission and the temple. He makes me very happy to be around him and he is very excited for me. We went up to his house and he showed me his drag car. Let me just say that it was intense! I love that kind of stuff. We spent time in Pine Valley with some friends and it was a lot of fun. We had dinner with his little brother Parker and his grandparents yesterday and they told me all about their mission to the same place that I have been called to. Buenos Aires North! They live right next to the St. George Temple by all the Sister Missionaries, it made me miss Sister Erica Page and Sister Heidi Morris that recently went back home. Every time spent with Trav is always a great time. I'm so glad we've gotten to know each other. I'm looking forward to getting to know each person that the Lord places in my life here before I leave, and also very excited to grow to love the families I teach in Buenos.

VISTORS CENTER
I had a lot of appointments and things to do yesterday that were all spread out at different times of the day so I killed some time at the Temple Visitors Center and chatted with the Sister and Elder missionaries.

They gave me all kinds of advice and helpful hints. I have a much better idea of what to prepare for out there now. A lot of missionaries are still waiting for their Visa's to come so they can go out where they were first called. I hope my Visa doesn't take too long because I really just want to get out there and start teaching the people of Buenos so I can start learning the language and culture more quickly. Either way I have unwaivering faith that God will provide the right way before me no matter what. This one amazing sister from Hawaii approached me and said,
"Ashley, Tereasa; the woman from your class at Dixie has had the lessons from us and she goes to church every Sunday! She loves it. The Bishop helped her with her finances and the ward has completely reached out to her to help her with everything and she wants to be baptized! She brags about you to everyone and carries around the sweet letter you gave her everywhere she goes! Ashley, you don't understand how much you have done for her! She calls you her angel!"
I was overwhelmed with joy to hear this. I couldn't believe the woman that sat in front of me in class has been forever changed and has found lasting happiness by my choice to reach out and hold her and help her along the way to finding truth and purpose. I always remind her I give credit where it's due and it's not ME who has done this alone, but its the Lord who has transformed me into a brand new person. He has answered my prayers and made me an instrument in thy hands to help others. My eyes filled with tears to know the I have brought yet another soul to realize their great worth in God's eyes. This is why im doing this. To me, there is no greater joy then the joy of living well for others. Im just being the good person many have been to me, and through example of peace and kindness, flowers of hope bloom where there were only weeds of doubt and worry.

TEMPLE CLOTHES
Yesterday I also went to Deseret Book with Brooke, Hailey and Robin and we purchased all my sacred white clothes for the Temple. It was such an incredible and emotional experience for me. As I took off my worldly clothes and they helped me into my purely white ones, I stared into the mirror at myself in awe. As I tried them on I thought how on earth could I feel that special standing their with this overwhelming happiness if this were not a sacred process? For the first time I felt so beautiful and pure. I felt like this is what I will look like in the next life. When I hope to be surrounded by my Heavenly Father's merciful arms and the joy I will feel when my brother and savior Jesus Christ shows me his hands that were pierced for you and I. I felt completely whole while stepping into that dress I was stepping into the greatest part of my life so far. It looked as if I was to be getting married but the great thing is that before that special day in my life, I am setting out on the Lord's work. Im forgetting myself to follow Him so that way, when the time is right, I may get married/sealed and He will follow me! The whole thing is so sybolic and beautifully organized as our Heavenly Father sees it should be. Even though none of my blood family could be there and it was hard for me that my mother couldnt be there, I still had two of the greatest angels I know. Brooke and Robin made this experience even more special for me. When Robin's eyes tear so do mine and I felt so important while she stared at me in the mirror and told me how proud she was. I will make sure that will only continue and I will strive every day to be a little better and work a little harder. Their embrace and encouragement humbled me entirely. The cashier called her my mom and she just said, yes i'm her Mom. She never fails to build me up and remind me that i'm not alone on this journey. I love them so much.

perfect love, surest love
grace beyond my failings
deepest love, truest love
strong enough to save me
he leads my heart when my eyes can't see
when my soul is lost he carries me
he comforts me in all my pain
and so i trust in his perfect love


ANNA AND DAVE
Anna and Dave are the biggest blessings to me right now. I have been really sick today with a sore throat and feeling really under the wheather but they call me their daughter and do all that they can to care for me. They are such selfless people. I never cease to be amazed by their selflessness for everyone. They go above and beyond to make people comfortable and take care of them. I cry when I think about it. My Mom has gone out of town for two weeks and Its hard for me without her. She has always come and gone since I was small but the Lord knows what I need to comfort me and Anna and Dave have been sent to me through his tender mercy. They make me feel so valued and important to them. I really have been so blessed for Heavenly Father to fill in the pot holes along my beaten path. He has sent me angels here on earth to keep me safe and loved so that I may hold tight to the iron rod of his truth. My heart overflows with gratitude each day for each bit of kindness that is shed on me. Even though I have been sick and weak today, i have turned to reading the scriptures to fill my spirit while my body is out of commission for the time being haha. The scriptures have again brought me comfort, as they always do.

TEMPLE ENDOWMENTS
"Your endowment is, to receive all those ordinances in the house of the Lord, which are necessary for you, after you have departed this life, to enable you to walk back to the presence of the Father."—Brigham Young
I will be getting my Endowments out tomorrow at the 11:20 am session in the St. George Temple and making sacred covenants that I promise to uphold and keep always. It will be an eye opening experience after much preparation to finally be able partake in these ordinances. I am going to be forever changed.

"it calms my fears and peace breathes
through me, he moves me
and he knows my heart even when i don't
he reaches me when i need him most
he rescues me from all my shame
he lifts me up, in his perfect love!"

Without him, I can do nothing, of these things I testify,
In the Holy name of Jesus Christ our Savior, Amen.

2 comments: